Countryside Tour Terms and Conditions
Please take a few minutes to read the details below. It contains some very important information vital to a safe and enjoyable holiday.
1. Driving Licence, International Driving Permit (IDP) and Passport Requirements: All riders must be in possession of a valid (category A) motorcycle licence for at least two years and be over 25 years of age. You are also advised to apply for an International Driving Permit (IDP).
Please check your passport is valid for the duration of your holiday. GSmotorcycletours (from hereon referred to in this document as OUR, WE, US, OURSELVES ) do not accept responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport requirements.
Citizens of the following countries do not require a visa to enter Spain: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Holland, Honduras, Hungary, Hong Kong, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, Norway, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Uruguay, United Kingdom, United States and Venezuela.
So far, as a result of the EU referendum (Brexit) there has been no changes to the rights and status of UK passport holders wanting to enter the EU.
2. Travel/medical insurance: We cannot stress enough the importance of you taking out adequate travel/medical insurance against cancellation charges, unexpected curtailment of your holiday, loss or damage to luggage, personal liability claims against you and medical expenses arising overseas. As motorcycle touring is considered an adventure sport we advise you before arrival in Spain, to arrange travel/personal accident insurance that covers adventure sports. This must include medical cover and repatriation in your home country and be sure that your insurance covers motorcycle touring holidays, as many insurance policies exclude such activities that they consider too dangerous or risky. Consult your local insurance agency before you come to Spain, most agencies offer one week insurance packages for a minimal cost.
Should you elect not to effect suitable travel/medical insurance cover despite this advice, then you undertake on behalf of yourselves and all members of your party to indemnify both ourselves and our agents and representatives (as applicable) for any costs that arise which would otherwise have been met had such insurance cover been taken out. The following link is an example of travel/personal accident insurance available in the UK. Travellers from other countries should enquire locally to find out what is necessary to participate in an adventure sport in Spain and if required, Morocco.
4. Your Holiday Contract: When you make a booking you undertake that you have the authority to accept and do accept these booking conditions on behalf of yourself and your party. A contract will exist upon GSmotorcycletours accepting any monies from you towards the booking. These conditions, in conjunction with the information set out on our website, form the agreement between ourselves , yourself and your party.
5. Making A Booking: When you make a booking, you will be required to pay a deposit of 10% of the total cost per person to secure your booking. Confirmation will then be sent to you setting out the balance due, which must be paid in full ( either in advance or on arrival ) before any tour can commence.
6. Amendments By You: If you wish to change your plans prior to departure, in any way and we can accept the change, these instructions must be sent to us in writing, from the person who made the original booking a minimum of seven days prior to departure. If you are travelling within seven days and wish to change your plans in any way, we might not be able to accept the change. Please be aware some amendments might incur a surcharge (eg. change of accommodation arrangements).
7. If You Cancel Your Booking: You or any member of your party may cancel the tour at any time providing that the cancellation is made in writing by the person who made the original booking and is communicated to us directly. Refunds are only given to the person who made the original booking. You will receive a refund of the amount paid less the cancellation fees specified below;
More than thirty days of your tour commencement date you will be due a full refund.
Less than 30 days and more than 14 days of your tour commencement date you will be due a 50% refund.
Less than 15 days and more than 7 days of your tour commencement date you will be due a 25% refund.
If you cancel your tour less than seven days prior to your tour commencement date you will lose your deposit.
If you are cancelling because of unforeseen circumstances, it may be possible to change the dates of your tour.
8. If We Amend Your Booking: It is unlikely that we will have to amend your booking. Occasionally changes may be made which we reserve the right to do at any time. Most of these changes are minor and we will advise you at the earliest possible date. All details given to you are for guidance only. You may decide whether or not to accept the change although you must let us know by return.
9. If We Cancel Your Holiday: In no case will we cancel your holiday less than 60 days before the scheduled tour date unless it is for reasons outside of our control, for reasons of safety or security. If we have to cancel your holiday we will offer you either...
A. An alternative holiday of comparable type, or...
B: A full refund of all monies paid, in either case being the only recompense which will be due to you.
10. Conditions Of Accommodation: When you book accommodation (whether provided by ourselves or not) its availability or provision is subject to the 'house rules' of the hotel or other accommodation providing or undertaking to provide such accommodation.
11. Conduct and Riding Experience: We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate your holiday arrangements without notice should your behaviour be such that it is likely in our opinion to cause distress, damage, annoyance or danger to any other person. In such circumstances, no refund or compensation will be due to you.
With regards to riding experience we cater for experienced skill levels to ensure the most fun for all, and there are some essential requirements that all riders must be capable of.
Ride at the national speed limit, 90 km/h (60 mph) or as signed on open country roads, 120 km/h (75 mph) on motorways.
Have recent riding experience
Comfortable with twisty bends, curves and leans
Steep ascents, descents and mountainous roads
Can ride for 3-4 hours
As it is quite common for other riders to be on the tour, and as we have an obligation to everyone who can adhere to the necessary requirements we therefore insist on the required experience listed above.
If we feel that your riding ability is not of the standard required listed above, and you are a hazard to yourself or other riders, then we reserve the right to cancel your tour with no refund or compensation, or provide a separate guide depending on availability at a cost to yourself.
12. Complaints: We do our very best to ensure that your travel arrangements go according to plan. However, if you have a complaint arising out of what we have agreed to provide for you, then please let us know at the earliest opportunity. If a problem arises during your holiday, it is important that you advise ourselves at the earliest opportunity and we will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint cannot be resolved locally you should advise us within 28 days of the incident, in writing, giving all relevant information. Your letter will be given prompt attention. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we cannot accept responsibility as we would have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate the matter and hopefully rectify any problem.
14. Applicable Law: The contract between you, your party, GSmotorcycletours and these booking conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Spain. In the case of any dispute that cannot be settled amicably, both yourselves and ourselves agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Spain.